5 Tips to Kickstart Your Fitness Routine This Year
We get it, the first time stepping into a new gym or studio can be scary. Like don't-want-to-walk-through-the-door scary. Not to mention, we have so many options to choose from in the Charlotte area, where do you even begin? Should you try cycling, yoga, CrossFit, dance...the list goes on and on.
Charlotte Family Yoga in Concord
1. Start Slow - you don't need to dive in head first and work out as hard as you can 7 days a week. Take it slow - you know what they say, good things take time. We're all about finding a workout that you love to do all year long, not just the months of January and February! If you've never worked out a day in your life, start with a walk a few days a week and maybe try a gentle yoga class. Build up every couple of weeks - walk a little further and add on an additional walk! If you're a workout vet and you're just trying to find a studio that you love, try out a new studio each week until you find your home.
MADabolic Inc., in South End
2. Try a Group Fitness class - It can be hard to walk into a gym with tons of weights and machines and have no idea where to even start. Should I run on the treadmill then do some of those bicep curl things with the weights that the other person over there was doing? Working out can be a lot easier when you have structure and other people surrounding you. After a few times, you know what to expect and you know your trainer or instructor will be there to guide you through it!
High Fitness at Urban MVMNT in South End
3. Grab an accountability partner - Maybe you have another friend who wants to work out with you or someone at your gym or studio that you can count on to hold you accountable for making it to class. Tell them your schedule and make them hold you accountable to show up even on those days you don't want to!
Eat The Frog in Midtown
4. Figure out what gets you moving - So you tried a group cycling class and hated it - that doesn't mean group fitness isn't your thing - there are so many other studios to try! Maybe cycling isn't your jam but you come to find out that you LOVE dance fitness classes and can't wait to go to class each week. Head to the search box on our website here and search through all of the different fitness categories from yoga to kickboxing and more! You might just find a new studio that you absolutely love.
Burn Boot Camp in Elizabeth
5. Ask us - seriously. We've been to every studio in the Charlotte area. Shoot us a message through our live chat feature and any of us would be happy to help you find the right studio or instructor! Take it a step further and join SweatNET as a member for $9.95/month to take advantage of 4-8 free events each month including Aquarium Yoga, free weekly classes at The Metropolitan, meditations and more. A great way to try out new things and explore the Charlotte health and wellness scene in 2020!