Turkey & Feta Meatballs with Sweet Potato Mash & Greens
Cook and Prep Time: 40 min
1kg of turkey mince
1 large red onion, peeled and finely diced
3 tablespoons of fresh parsley leaves, finely chopped
2 medium carrots, finely grated
3 eggs, lightly beaten
Zest of one lemon
2/3 cup of fresh breadcrumbs
225 grams of feta cheese or goats feta, crumbled
Salt and pepper to taste
900g sweet potato
8 silverbeet leaves
(2500 Plan add 1/4 avocado per serve, total 3/4 avocado p/p)
1. Preheat the oven to 180 degrees C. If you have a food processor, add the onion (quartered), parsley, carrots (chopped) and zucchini (chunks) and blitz until finely chopped. Alternatively, prepare as per the ingredient list and transfer to a large mixing bowl. (If using the food processor method, transfer to a fine mesh sieve after processing to squeeze out excess moisture then transfer to the mixing bowl.)
2. Add the mince, breadcrumbs, egg, lemon zest, feta and seasoning and combine well using your hands.
3. Shape into 36 meatballs and place onto lightly sprayed oven trays or roasting dishes. Transfer to the oven and cook for 20-30 minutes or until starting to brown on top. Check they are cooked in the middle.
4. Meanwhile, peel and cube the potatoes and steam in a double boiler until tender. Remove, add a little butter (opt), splash of milk (opt) and salt and pepper and use a potato masher to mash until smooth.
5. Shred the silverbeet, including some of the stem and steam for a few minutes.
6. Allow the food to cool a little before evenly distributing into six containers and storing in the fridge.