We’re on week four of working out with friends in a recurring daily schedule on the SweatNET GR Facebook page
– and yes, after three full weeks of these, results are conclusive that even digital workouts are #betterwithfriends and our amazing fitness community!
In Week 4, we’re taking the fun up a notch with a week of themed workouts streaming LIVE from the living room or backyard of some of our friends and ambassadors. Each workout this week will have a theme – whether that’s an outfit, a musical styling or a concept. Because we could all use a dose of F-U-N.
On the docket this week, you’ll find morning /evening programming Monday through Saturday. Each of our partners who leads these classes will pump their classes full of the fun that comes from a theme. And while we’re encouraging you to play along, it’s not mandatory to enjoy the workouts. And twice during the week, you’ll find workshops that are meant to keep your physically distanced from others, but help you feel emotionally connected.
Workouts will always take place on SweatNET-GR Facebook LIVE
and workshops will be hosted on Zoom. Workshops will require sign up ahead of time so we don’t overload our Zoom account.
- 9:00 am: (45 min) Rachel Clousing, Personal Trainer & SweatNET ambassador, will power you through a strength and HIIT workout themed around VACATION. Wear your most tropical gear and grab a suitcase. That’s right, before we set up for the workout, you’ll grab your suitcase or your duffel bag (stuff a couple of your chunkiest sweaters inside) and we’ll use that for resistance.
- 9:00 am: (30 min) Coach Alyssa McElheny will lead a mobility / strength workout perfect for runners. Alyssa is an elite runner, running coach, Title Boxing Trainer, and SweatNET ambassador. She competed at the collegiate level and currently has her sights set on qualifying for the Olympic Trials marathon. Alyssa’s theme is RUN STRONG and she’ll be sure to keep you going during the warmer months ahead.
- 5:30pm: (45 minutes) Join Jordan VanEngen from Title Boxing Club Grandville for a gut punch workout themed around Stallone movies. This ROCKY themed workout will alternate between boxing and core — we encourage you to come dressed as your favorite Stallone character.
- 5:30pm (60 min) JD from Feral Yogi will lead you on a nature-centered practice designed to recharge the wild within. The forecast is looking GORGEOUS on Wednesday, so we highly encourage to GET OUTSIDE for this vinyasa flow.
- 10:30 am: (45 min) Rep your team with your fav hat, jersey, or t-shirt! Diane Smith, Personal Trainer & Lunar Cycling instructor, will fire up your morning with a home run HIIT & body weight workout.
- 7:00 pm: (60 min) Join us from the comfort of your own home in this Introductory Conscious Breathwork Session to RELEASE STRESS + anxiety. Sam Kalawart from the Healing Space will guide you through an active meditation using circular, connected breathwork, followed by meditative rest, integration & grounding. This session will take place in the comfort of your own home via Zoom. Sign-ups required– Reserve your spot here!
- 6:00 pm: In this yoga flow with Krista Derby, we’re having a pajama party. Wear your flannel pants, your matching set – whatever makes you feel comfiest. There’s no better way to stay home than a yoga flow in your PAJAMAS!
A reminder of SweatNET resources:
- 10:00 am: (60 min stretch class) RECOVER with Tammy Rappuhn from the Healix Center. Tammy has been in the body business for her entire life. She grew up dancing and teaching dance. She has also been involved in the fitness industry over the past 10 years, working as a trainer and certified in TRX. Tammy is also a certified Fascial Stretch therapist and since teaching others the value of stretch in the dance world, she is excited to share it with others. So team up with whoever you’re social-distancing with and invite your friends from elsewhere. This is the perfect class for the family and to RECOVER after a long week!