With restaurants still closed, quarantine has forced me to scour the internet for quick and easy dinner recipes. This simple salmon dish is the perfect blend of savory and sweet. The best part is that you probably have the ingredients already in your kitchen.
Inspired by this yummy recipe!
- 2 salmon fillets
- ¼ cup soyaki sauce (can be replaced with soy, teriyaki or sesame sauce)
- 3 tablespoons honey
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon garlic
- Juice from ½ lemon
- Salt and pepper
- Pat dry the salmon
- Salt and pepper (to taste) dry, fresh fillets
- Heat olive oil in pan over medium-high heat
- Once pan is hot, place fillets skin side up for 5 minutes. Put lid on pan.
- Flip fillets so the skin side is down for 2 minutes
- Remove fillets from pan and set aside. Cover them to keep warm.
- Add garlic, soyaki, lemon juice, and honey to the hot pan
- Let ingredients simmer until garlic is golden
- Reduce heat and add fillets back to pan
- Spoon the sauce over the top
- Serve and enjoy!