8 Activities Dr. Magryta is Doing to Stay Healthy in a Pandemic
By: Michelle Mudge
Dr. Magtrya, a pediatrician at Salisbury Pediatrics, and long-time mentor of mine, is constantly getting asked what steps he is doing right now to stay healthy during this time. This week he shared his response….
Many people have asked me, “what are you doing?”
I am 100% trying to avoid anything that over stresses my body.
COVID has allowed me to focus even more acutely on what matters most right now. LIFE!
1) Sleeping 7 to 9 hours nightly. This is on average a 60 minute increase over my historical norm.
2) Exercising with a core group of friends 6 days a week in a micro bubble in an outdoor environment. We hold each other accountable to be present and active for our best health
3) Eating better than ever. Recently finishing a whole 30 trial, I am trying to keep my blood glucose less than 100mg/dl all of the time in an effort to keep my immune system tip top towards a viral killing mode
4) Limiting all toxic exposure where possible
5) Increased daily meditation and prayer volumes
6) Avoiding all large crowds indoors – just don’t see the need to challenge the super spreader game
7) Avoiding most if not all arguments and trying to keep mental stress to a flatline. Political discussions that are calm and respectful are allowed. If they get heated or dysfunctional, it is time to walk away. My health is worth more than proving a point
8) Learning as much as I can about disease avoidance and risk reduction
As someone who is often interacting with Dr. Magryta, I can attest to the fact that all of the above are very much true. Countless times over the last 6 months I have run into Dr. Magryta sitting outside of Summit Coffee with his workout buddies after an intense workout and just this Monday I saw him running alongside 4 of comrades in downtown Cornelius. Dr. Magryta is a mentor of mine, not only for his brilliance, but also because he practices what he preaches. He is a role model for all he serves in and out of his practice.