I am so excited about our newest service: BioMat PEMF meditation sessions! I feel that this is a much-needed service for 2020 as I am seeing so many clients dealing with an intense amount of stress and anxiety lately. Between the global pandemic, remote learning for the kiddos, working from home, wildfires, and smoke all over the west coast, peaceful protesting being taken advantage of and turned into riots, and an upcoming election… we all could use a little reset and relaxation!
Our Tao PEMF BioMat has so many benefits on its own and adding binaural sound is such an amazing enhancement! Benefits of the BIoMat include:
– reduces general and local inflammation
– relieves joint pain and stiffness
– relieves acute and chronic pain
– reduces stress and anxiety
– rejuvenates energy
– improves sleep patterns
– assists in detoxification
– increases microcirculation
– increases metabolism and promotes weight loss
– supports immune system function
– improves complexion
– improves mood and a general sense of well-being
So what is binaural sound and why is it so amazing when paired with our BioMat PEMF meditation?
Binaural sound is a form of sound wave therapy. It capitalizes on the fact that the right and left ear each receive a slightly different frequency tone, yet the brain perceives these as a single tone.
The tones used must be at frequencies lower than 1,000 hertz (Hz) for the brain to detect the binaural beat. The binaural beat that a person perceives is the frequency difference between the waves entering the left and right ear.
For example, if the left ear registers a tone at 200 Hz and the right ear registers one at 210 Hz, the binaural beat is 10 Hz — the difference between the two frequencies.
A 2018 study suggests that listening to binaural beats for a recommended period can affect a person’s subsequent behavior and sleep cycles.
The study authors explain that there are five different categories of frequency pattern:
– Delta pattern: Binaural beats in the delta pattern operate at a frequency of 0.5–4 Hz with links to a dreamless sleep. In the study, people who received a delta pattern frequency during sleep entered a deeper stage of sleep, according to electroencephalogram (EEG) brain scan results.
– Theta pattern: Practitioners set binaural beats in the theta pattern to a frequency of 4–7 Hz. Theta patterns contribute to improved meditation, creativity, and sleep in the rapid eye movement (REM) phase.
– Alpha pattern: Binaural beats in the alpha pattern are at a frequency of 7–13 Hz and may encourage relaxation.
– Beta pattern: Binaural beats in the beta pattern are at a frequency of 13–30 Hz. This frequency range may help promote concentration and alertness. However, it can also increase anxiety at the higher end of the range.
– Gamma pattern: This frequency pattern accounts for a range of 30–50 Hz. The study authors suggest that these frequencies promote the maintenance of arousal while a person is awake.
Binaural beat therapy benefits include:
– reduced stress and anxiety
– increased focus, concentration, and motivation
– better long term memory after exposure to beta pattern frequencies, according to a 2019 study
– deeper meditation
– improved confidence
– enhanced psychomotor performance and mood
Binaural beats will be offered as part of our BioMat meditation sessions to enhance relaxation, decrease stress and anxiety, and deepen your mediation using noise-canceling headphones to immerse yourself in the experience. Alternatively, if you prefer a guided meditation session we also have a variety of meditative experiences to choose from.
Personally, I love using binaural beats to help fall asleep at night when I am feeling stressed or anxious or to help calm anxiety with a quick BioMat meditation session!
I am so excited to offer this amazing sound therapy as a part of our BioMat PEMF meditation to enhance your relaxation experience!
Lexi has been practicing massage since 2012. She studied massage at Cortiva Institute, Seattle, and obtained massage licenses through the states of Washington and Texas. Her most recent passion is for the benefits of Manual Lymphatic Drainage, Lymphatic Enhancement Technology, and MediCupping techniques. She is certified in both MediCupping and L.E.T Therapy and is a Certified Manual Lymphatic Drainage Therapist (Vodder Technique). Through her training, she discovered firsthand the positive effects these treatments can have on the body. Although admittedly skeptical at first, after receiving each treatment she knew this was the direction she wanted to take her practice. We are so excited to share these benefits with our clients at Kálon Spa. From aesthetic to health benefits, there are so many things we can improve through the clearing of the lymphatic system. Lexi’s massage experience includes working in a variety of spas and injury treatment clinics. Her client base varies from deep tissue, treatment style work to gentle relaxation massages. She enjoys combining necessary treatment techniques with relaxation for a unique massage experience.