4 Ingredient Coconut Macaroons
- 2 whole large egg whites (at room temperature)
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/3 cup low carb white sugar sweetener
- 1/4 tsp Sea Salt
- 2 cups unsweetened shredded coconut
- 2 oz dark chocolate chips (optional, sugar free)
- 1/2 tbsp coconut oil (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 325 degrees. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Using a hand mixer, beat the egg whites until medium-stiff peaks form. They should barely move if you tilt the bowl.
- Slowly add in the sweetener, 1-2 tablespoons at a time, while beating constantly. Once complete, mix in the sea salt and vanilla extract with the mixer.
- Gently fold in the coconut flakes with a spatula, being careful not to break down the whites.
- Use a spoon to drop the batter onto the lined pan.
- Bake dough for 15 to 20 minutes, until golden brown.
- Make the optional chocolate drizzle: In the microwave, melt the chocolate chips and coconut oil, stirring until smooth. Drizzle the chocolate on top of the mostly cooled macaroons.
- Cool the macaroons until no longer hot, then refrigerate for about 20 to 30 minutes to set the chocolate.
You can freeze these for up to 3 months. Let cool completely. Then place back on parchment lined baking tray and let sit in the freezer for 30 min. Once, firmly set, combine into a freezer bag for storage. When you’re ready to eat them, thaw on the counter or in the fridge!