Add to Collection
Go to Collections
Asian Chickpea Salad
A simple, plant-based salad that has flavor and crunch!
Prep Time25 mins
Cook Time15 mins
Servings: 7 servings
- 15.5 oz chickpeas rinsed and drained
- 1/2 cup quinoa uncooked, rinsed
- 1 cup carrots shredded
- 1 cup snow peas cut into thirds
- 1 cup red pepper thinly sliced
- 2 cups red cabbage red or purple, thinly sliced
- 1.5 cup broccoli florets
- 1/2 cup cashews optional
Miso Ginger Dressing:
- 1 tbsp white miso paste
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 tsp ginger
- 2 tbsp tamari gluten-free
- 1 tbsp rice vinegar
- 1-2 tsp honey optional for a sweeter dressing
- 1/8 tsp sea salt optional
Place 1/2 cup of water and quinoa in a medium pot and bring to a boil.
Once boiling, turn heat to simmer and cover.
Let simmer for 15 minutes or until water is absorbed.
Turn off heat and let cool. Fluff with a fork.
Prep all vegetables.
Whisk together the dressing ingredients in a small bowl.
In a large bowl, add all chopped veggies, chickpeas, cooked quinoa, cashews, and mix together.
Add dressing and toss until well combined.
Calories: 245kcal | Carbohydrates: 37g | Protein: 11g | Fat: 7g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Sodium: 453mg | Potassium: 583mg | Fiber: 8g | Sugar: 8g | Vitamin A: 4296IU | Vitamin C: 70mg | Calcium: 74mg | Iron: 4mg
Photos from: https://www.healthygffamily.com/recipe/asian-chickpea-salad-2/