Asian Chickpea Salad
A simple, plant-based salad that has flavor and crunch!
- 15.5 oz chickpeas (rinsed and drained)
- 1/2 cup quinoa (uncooked, rinsed)
- 1 cup carrots (shredded)
- 1 cup snow peas (cut into thirds)
- 1 cup red pepper (thinly sliced)
- 2 cups red cabbage (red or purple, thinly sliced)
- 1.5 cup broccoli florets
- 1/2 cup cashews (optional)
Miso Ginger Dressing:
- 1 tbsp white miso paste
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 tsp ginger
- 2 tbsp tamari (gluten-free)
- 1 tbsp rice vinegar
- 1-2 tsp honey (optional for a sweeter dressing)
- 1/8 tsp sea salt (optional)
Place 1/2 cup of water and quinoa in a medium pot and bring to a boil.
Once boiling, turn heat to simmer and cover.
Let simmer for 15 minutes or until water is absorbed.
Turn off heat and let cool. Fluff with a fork.
Prep all vegetables.
Whisk together the dressing ingredients in a small bowl.
In a large bowl, add all chopped veggies, chickpeas, cooked quinoa, cashews, and mix together.
Add dressing and toss until well combined.
Photos from: https://www.healthygffamily.com/recipe/asian-chickpea-salad-2/