Avocado Corn Salsa Chicken Burgers
For the Chicken Burgers
- 1 1/2 lb ground chicken meat
- 2 whole scallions (chopped)
- 1 cup shredded cheese ((cheddar, gouda, provolone))
- 1/4 cup mayo
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp Black Pepper
For the Avocado Corn Salsa
- 1 whole large avocado (sliced)
- 1 whole ear of fresh corn (husks and silks removed)
- 1/8 cup cilantro (chopped)
- 1/2 tbsp olive oil
- 1/2 whole lime (juiced)
- Place the chicken into a medium mixing bowl. Add shredded cheese, chopped scallions, mayo, salt and pepper and mix everything well.
- Using 1/2 cup as a measure, scoop the chicken mixture and form round shaped patties.
- Using outdoor grill or a grill pan, cook the patties about 5 minutes on each side, until cooked through.
- While the burgers are grilling, prepare the Avocado Corn Salsa.
Avocado Corn Salsa
- Using a sharp knife, remove the kernels from the corn cob.
- Place the corn kernels, sliced avocado and cilantro into a medium mixing bowl. Drizzle with olive oil, lime juice and season with salt and pepper. Mix well.
- Serve this Avocado Corn Salsa atop the Chicken Burgers.