'@thecleanlifemama Egg Roll In A Bowl
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 whole small bunch green onions sliced (green and white parts divided)
- 1/2 cup red onion diced
- 5 cloves garlic minced
- 1 lb ground pork (ground turkey or chicken could also be used)
- 1 tsp fresh grated ginger
- 2 tbsp Whole30 compliant hot sauce (I like Franks RedHot Sauce)
- 14 oz bag coleslaw mix
- 3 tbsp coconut aminos
- 3 whole eggs
- Garnish (optional)
- 1 pinch green parts of sliced green onions from above
- 1 pinch sesame seeds
- Creamy Chili Sauce (optional)
- 1/4 cup W30 Compliant Mayonnaise
- 1-2 tbsp W30 compliant hot sauce
- Heat olive oil in a skillet and place over medium heat.
- Add white parts of green onions, diced red onion, and garlic and saute, stirring frequently, until red onion begins to soften, about 5 minutes.
- In another large skillet, brown ground pork and drain excess fat.
- Add onion mixture, grated ginger, and hot sauce to pork skillet and allow to cook together over medium heat for about 5 minutes.
- Add coleslaw mix and coconut aminos. Stir until well combined. Cook, stirring regularly, until cabbage is tender, about 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a small bowl whisk together 1/4 cup mayonnaise and 1-2 tablespoons compliant hot sauce. (Totally unnecessary, but if you want to make your plate pretty, place creamy chili sauce in a small plastic sandwich bag to “pipe” when serving.
- Once pork-cabbage mixture is fully cooked, push mixture to one side of the skillet and crack eggs in open space. Allow eggs to cook for a 2-3 minutes then scramble gently and incorporate into pork-cabbage mixture
To plate: Spoon a helping of the egg roll mixture in a serving bowl. Either spoon some of the creamy chili sauce on top or snip off the corner of the sandwich bag with the sauce and drizzle over egg roll mixture. Garnish with green parts of the green onions and sesame seeds if desired.