Garlic Butter Turkey Meatballs with Lemon Zucchini Noodles
Gluten-free, Paleo, Low-Carb, Keto Friendly and delicious!
- 1/2 lb ground turkey
- 1/2 lb ground pork (or double the turkey amount if you prefer no pork)
- 1/2 cup mozzarella cheese (shredded, may substitute your favorite cheese)
- 2 cloves garlic (grated)
- 2 cloves garlic (minced)
- 1 tsp Italian seasoning
- 1/2 tsp red crushed chili pepper flakes (optional)
- 1 bouillon cube (optional)
- 1 cup cilantro (fresh and chopped, may substitute parsley)
- 3 tbsp butter
- 4 medium zucchini (spiralized)
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 tbsp hot sauce (Sriracha works great!)
Combine ground turkey and pork, cheese, grated garlic, Italian seasoning, bouillon cube, red chili pepper flakes, chopped cilantro, and black pepper in a large bowl.
Mix well with your hands or a fork and form medium balls. Arrange on a plate and set aside.
Melt 2 tablespoons butter in a large skillet over medium-low heat.
Cook meatballs for 8-10 minutes on all sides, until browned and cooked through. While cooking, baste meatballs with the mix of butter and juices.
Remove to a clean plate and set aside.
In the same skillet, melt the remaining tablespoon of butter, then add lemon juice, hot sauce, minced garlic, and red pepper flakes.
Add the zucchini noodles and cook for 3 or 4 minutes, stirring regularly, until zucchini is done.
Adjust seasoning with salt and pepper to taste.
Push zucchini to one side of skillet and add turkey meatballs back to the pan until warm, about 2 minutes.
Enjoy immediately with a lemon slice on side!