Garlic Lime Steak (or Chicken) Kabobs
- 1 lb top sirloin steak or chicken breast
- 1/2 whole red onion
- 1 whole yellow bell pepper (chopped)
- 1 whole orange bell pepper (chopped)
- 1 bunch fresh chopped parsley (for garnish)
- 1 package Kabob skewers
- The meat marinade:
- 1/4 cup coconut aminos
- 1 tbsp Sriracha or Frank's hot sauce
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 whole lime (juiced)
- 3 cloves garlic (minced)
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 pinch of pepper
- Combine all marinade ingredients in a bowl. Slice the steak or chicken into 1-inch cubes. Add diced meat cubes to the marinade and toss to coat. Marinate in the refrigerator for at least 2 hours, stirring halfway. Overnight is ideal for full flavor.
- Drain steak from marinade. Soak wooden skewers in water and load them by alternating between ingredients. Arrange the kabobs on a plate before grilling.
- Grill the steak kabobs for 2-3 minutes, flip the skewers, and grill for another 2-3 minutes until the desired doneness and the vegetables are slightly charred.
- Transfer to a platter. Sprinkle fresh chopped parsley and more black pepper on top, garnish with lime slices. Serve hot!
These are also easily broiled/baked in the oven at 450°F (230°C) for 12-15 minutes, turning once.