Healthy Beef & Cabbage Stir Fry
- 2 tbsp coconut aminos (or Braggs 0 cal Aminos)
- 1 tbsp toasted sesame oil
- 1 tbsp sriracha
- 1/2 tbsp brown sugar or stevia
- 3 whole green onions
- 1/2 tbsp evoo light or avocado oil
- 1 lb lean 93% or 96% ground beef
- 3 cloves garlic
- 1-1/2 tbsp fresh grated ginger
- 1 pinch of salt and pepper
- 1 tsp sesame seeds
- Prepare the stir fry sauce first. In a small bowl stir together the soy sauce, toasted sesame oil, sriracha, and brown sugar*. Set the sauce aside.
- Slice green onions. Mince three cloves of garlic. Peel a knob of ginger using either a vegetable peeler or by scraping with the side of a spoon, then grate it using a small-holed cheese grater.
- Heat a large skillet over medium heat. Once hot add the cooking oil, ground beef, garlic, ginger, and a pinch of salt and pepper. Cook the beef until browned (about five minutes).
- Add the 2 bags of slaw mix to the skillet and continue to stir and cook until the cabbage is slightly wilted (or fully wilted, if you prefer). Stir in the prepared sauce and the green onions. Top with a sprinkle of sesame seeds and a drizzle of sriracha, and enjoy!
*Skip the brown sugar if you’re looking for a lower calorie option, or swap for stevia.