Trust me, I know how hard it is to keep up your regular fitness routine in the midst of holiday parties, visiting family, friends coming home from out of town and all the amazing carb loaded treats that come with the holiday season. It may seem impossible to drag yourself to class when you’re curled up on the couch with your dog and some hot cocoa. I promise you though it is soo worth it! Athletes that train for specific sports must train and maintain even during off season as to keep themselves in shape for gametime, whatever that may look like. Maybe your gametime is an upcoming vacation that requires several different bikinis or a bucket list marathon with your college roommate. Whatever your goals may be don’t let them fall to the wayside for the sake of christmas movie binges and cookies. Spoiler Alert: All of this holiday cheer will show up again the same time next year for many more years to come if you’re lucky. So you ask, how do I keep myself motivated during the most wonderful time of the year??!? I am here to help!
- Fail to Plan, Plan to Fail
- Get a cool new planner that you can’t wait to write your goals in everyday. It will help you keep track of classes you signed up for as well holiday festivities and honestly keep you from going nuts during such a busy time. Freedom Mastery has a manifestation planner ($30 on Amazon!!) that helps you put plans to action and prioritize your day of tasks from top priority to tasks to delegate.
- Mapping out what classes you plan on taking ahead of time, can give us more of incentive to go if we have something to look forward to.
- Plan your workout around all the fun things that come with the holiday season. Go to Yoga before the Santa Bar Crawl or go to cycling with a your friend who’s in town for the holidays
2. Mix it Up!
● Try something new! This is great time of year to not only try out new studios and teachers but it’s great time to try that new pilates class your coworker keeps raving about. Variety is the spice of life! Keeping it fresh and new creates opportunity to create new goals and possibly incorporate a new workout into your current regime.
3. Track what’s Going in to that Belly
● You wanna know a great way to not eat all the cookies, writing down how many cookies you actually consumed. Seeing something on paper usually helps snap us back into reality when we are in a carb induced frenzy.
Using these tips will help you stay in tune not only during the holiday season but hopefully well into your bikini clad vacation. I will let you in on the most important tip of them all though. DON’T BE TOO HARD ON YOURSELF!! Maybe you did eat 4 pieces of pumpkin pie and haven’t gone to class in a week. We are human! Use these as tools to help you stay accountable during the holiday season not as a plan to follow and beat yourself up about if you miss one day of class. Make adjustments when necessary, get in a good workout when you can, enjoy your loved ones and have a safe and happy holiday season!