Low Carb Chicken Soup
There's nothing better on a cold winter day than a bowl of warm Chicken Soup!
- 1 tbsp avocado oil (can substitute olive oil )
- 1 small yellow onion (finely chopped)
- 2 medium carrots (peeled and chopped)
- 1 small leek (chopped)
- 3 medium celery stalks (chopped)
- 1 tbsp fresh thyme (chopped)
- 1/4 cup fresh parsley
- 1 garlic clove (minced)
- 6 cups chicken stock (unsalted, or low salt)
- 2 bay leaves
- 1/2 tsp salt (or to taste)
- 1/4 tsp black pepper (or to taste)
- 2 cups chicken breast (cooked and shredded, can substitute chicken thighs)
- 1 cup kale (can substitute spinach)
Heat avocado oil in a nonstick soup pot and saute onion, carrots, celery, leek, and thyme over medium heat for about 5 minutes.
Add garlic and saute for another 2-3 minutes.
Add the stock, bay leaves, season and bring to a boil.
Reduce to a simmer and cook with the lid on for 15 minutes.
Add cooked, shredded chicken.
Remove bay leaves from the pot.
Add kale and simmer until softened, about 1 minute.
Scoop soup into bowls and enjoy!