Low Carb Chicken Soup
There's nothing better on a cold winter day than a bowl of warm Chicken Soup!
Servings 4 people
- 1 tbsp avocado oil can substitute olive oil
- 1 small yellow onion finely chopped
- 2 medium carrots peeled and chopped
- 1 small leek chopped
- 3 medium celery stalks chopped
- 1 tbsp fresh thyme chopped
- 1/4 cup fresh parsley
- 1 garlic clove minced
- 6 cups chicken stock unsalted, or low salt
- 2 bay leaves
- 1/2 tsp salt or to taste
- 1/4 tsp black pepper or to taste
- 2 cups chicken breast cooked and shredded, can substitute chicken thighs
- 1 cup kale can substitute spinach
- Heat avocado oil in a nonstick soup pot and saute onion, carrots, celery, leek, and thyme over medium heat for about 5 minutes.
- Add garlic and saute for another 2-3 minutes.
- Add the stock, bay leaves, season and bring to a boil.
- Reduce to a simmer and cook with the lid on for 15 minutes.
- Add cooked, shredded chicken.
- Remove bay leaves from the pot.
- Add kale and simmer until softened, about 1 minute.
- Scoop soup into bowls and enjoy!
Calories: 293kcal | Carbohydrates: 20g | Protein: 27g | Fat: 10g | Saturated Fat: 2g | Cholesterol: 59mg | Sodium: 395mg | Potassium: 932mg | Fiber: 3g | Sugar: 9g | Vitamin A: 7575IU | Vitamin C: 36mg | Calcium: 79mg | Iron: 2mg