Low Carb Cinnamon Apple 'Oats'
- 1 cup cauliflower rice
- 1/2 cup egg whites
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp coconut oil
- 1/2 whole apple (diced)
- 1 tbsp almond butter (I use Trader Joe's unsalted)
- In a medium sauce pan, melt coconut oil over medium heat and then add your cauliflower rice and cinnamon. Let that cook for a few minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Once that cooks for a few minutes, add in your egg whites.
- Continue to stir until you notice that the egg whites have cooked through (they will thicken and turn white), about 5 minutes.
- Next, you’ll add in your diced apple and allow that to cook for a few more minutes over low-medium heat, again stirring occasionally.
- Once that’s done you can transfer to bowl and top with almond butter (or any nut butter of choice).