Salmon Cake Salad
- 2 whole 6oz. cans wild salmon (liquid drained off)
- 1/4 cup sweet potato or butternut squash puree (canned or fresh)
- 2 whole eggs
- 1/4 cup chopped scallions
- 2 tsp Trader Joe's coconut aminos
- 1 tsp Dijon mustard
- 1 pinch salt and pepper
- 2 tbsp ghee
- 1 whole lemon
- 1 bag mixed greens (or lettuce of choice for salad base)
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and preheat the oven to 350.
- In a bowl, combine all ingredients with a fork. Form into 6-7 patties on the baking sheet.
- Bake patties until firm, about 30 minutes.
- If making these ahead, let the baked salmon cakes cool completely and store in an airtight container in the fridge for up to a few days. The salmon cakes can be browned immediately after baking or after being made ahead and stored in the fridge.
- When ready to serve, heat the oil in a skillet over medium heat. Cook the salmon cakes in batches until browned and hot, a couple minutes per side.
- Plate on a bed of lettuce and squeeze fresh lemon over top for dressing. Enjoy!