Sesame Nut Butter Zucchini Bowls
- 1/2 cup almond butter (Peanut butter is optional)
- 3 tbsp gluten-free Tamari or soy sauce
- 1 tbsp honey
- 1 tsp toasted sesame oil
- 1 tbsp lime juice
- 1 tbsp water
- 1 pinch salt and pepper to taste
- 1/4 cup slivered almonds or peanuts
- 3/4 cup chopped scallions
- 3 whole small zucchini (spiralized)
- 2 tsp white sesame seeds
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh cilantro (for garnish)
- Combine nut butter, gluten-free tamari or soy sauce, honey, sesame oil, lime juice, water, salt and pepper into a food processor or a bowl (microwave mixture to liquify if necessary) and mix together until evenly combined.
- Transfer to a small bowl.
- Rinse the food processor and wipe dry. Add the almonds or peanuts and pulse until chunky ground, taking care not to grind into a powder. Hand chopped nuts also works.
- Place the zucchini noodles into a medium bowl with the scallions. Add the almond butter sauce and the ground almonds or peanuts, and toss to combine thoroughly. Top with sesame seeds, extra chopped nuts, and chopped cilantro then serve immediately.