Southwestern Quinoa Salad
This salad bowl is so flavorful and perfect for meal prepping!
- 1 cup quinoa (rinsed)
- 1 large sweet potato (chopped into bite-size chunks)
- 1 large red bell pepper (or orange; cored, seeded, and diced)
- 1 cup black beans (rinsed)
- 1 cup corn
- 1/4 cup red onion (minced)
- 1/4 cup cilantro (minced)
- 1 medium avocado (chopped)
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 lime (squeezed)
- 1 tsp chili powder
- 1/4 tsp cayenne
- 1 pinch cumin
Preheat oven to 400*F.
Toss sweet potato chunks with 1/2 teaspoon of olive oil, and season with salt and pepper to taste. Arrange evenly on a baking sheet.
Bake for 25-30 minutes or until tender. Allow potatoes to cool afterward.
Cook quinoa according to package instructions, and allow it to cool.
In a large mixing bowl combine quinoa, sweet potatoes, corn, bell pepper, black beans, onion, cilantro, and avocado.
Add 1/4 cup olive oil, lime juice, chili powder, cayenne, cumin, and salt and pepper.
Gently toss the salad to combine.
Serve immediately or store in the fridge for later.