Spicy Garlic Shrimp & Asparagus
- 1.5 lbs medium raw shrimp (peeled and deveined)
- 1 whole bunch asparagus ( rinsed and trimmed)
- 1.5 tbsp ghee
- 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 5 cloves garlic (minced)
- 1 tsp italian seasoning
- 2 tsp onion powder
- Salt and pepper (to taste)
- 1/4 cup vegetable stock
- 1 tablespoon sriracha (or Franks hot sauce)
- 1 pinch chili pepper flakes (optional)
- 1/2 whole lemon (juiced)
- Fresh chopped parsley or cilantro (for garnish)
- Place a large non-stick skillet with 1 tablespoon olive oil and 1 tablespoon ghee over medium heat. Add the asparagus and season to taste. Saute until the asparagus is crisp-tender, 4-6 minutes. Remove from the pan and set aside.
- In the same pan, add remaining 2 tablespoons ghee and add shrimp. Season with salt and pepper, cook 1-2 minutes on one side.
- Add the minced garlic, onion powder, and Italian seasoning. Stir to combine and flip the shrimp to cook on the opposite side.
- Cook for 1 minute then add 1/4 cup vegetable stock and Sriracha. Allow the sauce to reduce for 1 minute, making sure not to overcook the shrimp.
- Push shrimp on the side and add asparagus back to the pan. Stir asparagus to coat them into the sauce and squeeze half of a lemon over the top of the shrimp and asparagus. Allow asparagus to reheat for 1-2 minutes. Remove skillet from heat, garnish with cilantro, lemon slices, and red crushed chili pepper if you like. Serve the shrimp and asparagus immediately.