Super Easy Korean Chicken Lettuce Wraps
- 2-1/2 tbsp low sodium soy sauce
- 2 tbsp brown sugar
- 1-1/2 tbsp sesame oil
- 1 tbsp chili garlic sauce (can be found in Asian food isle)
- 1 lb boneless chicken breast (sliced and skinless)
- 2 tsp olive oil
- 2 tsp toasted sesame seeds
- 1-2 leaves heads of Boston lettuce (separated, washed and dried)
- 1/2 whole hothouse cucumber (thinly sliced on diagonal)
- 4 whole Green Onion (sliced on diagonal)
- 1 bunch fresh cilantro leaves
- sea salt and fresh ground black pepper
- In a medium bowl, combine the soy sauce, brown sugar, sesame oil, and chili garlic sauce. Season with salt and pepper. (I went light on S&P but added more after chicken was cooked). Reserve 2 tablespoons of the marinade.
- Add chicken slices to the remaining marinade; cover and refrigerate 1 hour up to overnight.
- Heat a large non-stick skillet over medium-hight heat (I had the heat on about an 8). Add olive oil to the pan and swirl to coat. Add chicken and cook about 3-5 minutes on each side or until cooked through and golden brown. Remove the chicken onto a serving plate and sprinkle with sesame seeds.
- To assemble chicken wraps: Top each lettuce leaf with couple pieces of chicken, cucumber, green onions, and cilantro leaves. Drizzle with reserved soy sauce marinade and enjoy! You can also serve these with white or brown rice!