Sweet Potato Bacon Kale Hash
Prep Time 10 minutes
Cook Time 25 minutes
Total Time 35 minutes
Servings 4 people
- 1/2 lbs bacon loosely chopped
- Sea Salt to taste
- paprika to taste
- 4 cups kale roughly chopped
- 4 eggs
- Pepper to taste
- 1 small onion chopped
- 2 tbsp coconut oil or ghee butter
- 2 medium sweet potatoes cubed
- Preheat oven to 400*F.
- Heat 2 medium skillets- one over medium heat and one over medium-high heat (one skillet should be oven proof or you can always transfer to a roasting pan).
- **To make sure everything cooks full, its better to cook bacon, potatoes, and kale separately at first.**
- Add bacon to the medium-high skillet and melt ghee or coconut oil in the other pan for the sweet potatoes.
- Add cubed sweet potatoes. Sprinkle with salt, pepper and allow to cook uncovered for about 2 minutes.
- Stir potatoes again, then cover skillet and cook for about 6 minutes to soften.
- After 4 minutes, uncover potatoes and let simmer on low until soft. Once done, remove from heat.
- In the other skillet, brown the bacon until crisp and remove from heat.
- Drain some of the bacon grease, leaving 1-2 tablespoons in the skillet. Turn the heat to medium.
- Add onion to the pan, cooking until translucent.
- Add kale to onions and sprinkle with just a bit of salt. Stir gently and cover the skillet to soften.
- After 1-2 minutes, uncover the skillet and stir occasionally for an additional 2-3 minutes.
- Once both softened and crisp on the outside, remove from heat.
- Transfer kale, onion, bacon and sweet potatoes to one skillet (ovenproof or into a 9×13 roasting pan).
- Make 4 spaces in the hash where you'd like to place the eggs. Carefully crack each egg into its designated space.
- Place skillet/pan in the preheated oven until eggs are cooked to preference (about 10 minutes).
- Using a potholder, remove from oven and enjoy!
Calories: 497kcal | Carbohydrates: 31g | Protein: 18g | Fat: 34g | Saturated Fat: 15g | Cholesterol: 201mg | Sodium: 526mg | Potassium: 908mg | Fiber: 4g | Sugar: 6g | Vitamin A: 22983IU | Vitamin C: 84mg | Calcium: 166mg | Iron: 3mg